10:00 a.m. Call to Order
Consideration of June 11, 2002 Minutes- Attachment B (September 5, 2002)
10:05 a.m. Lawyer Assistance Program - Update Concerning Possible Funding and Support Sources - Dr. Olafson, Annetta Sutton, Ron Reichert
10:35 a.m. Draft Rule Regarding Lawyer Assistance Program - Attachment C (September 5, 2002)
- Committee review and discussion of draft rule
- Conclusions and directions
11:05 a.m. Lawyer Advertising --- Review Subcommittee Recommendations Concerning Rule 7 Series - Attachment D (September 5, 2002).
- Subcommittee review of rule amendments and recommendations - Mike Williams, David Hogue, Alice Senechal
- Committee member comments regarding experiences with lawyer solicitation and advertising practices in North Dakota
- Committee discussion and conclusions concerning amendments
12 noon Lunch
12:30 p.m. Review of ND Rules of Professional Conduct in light of new Model Rules - See Attachment E (September 5, 2002) - Comparison of new Model Rules and North Dakota Rules prepared by Barry Vickrey, Dean & Professor of Law, University of South Dakota
- Begin review of North Dakota Preamble, Terminology, Rules 1.1 (Competence); 1.2 (Scope of Representation); 1.3 (Diligence); 1.4 (Communication); 1.5 (Fees); and 1.6 (Confidentiality of Information). Staff overview of differences.
- Preliminary conclusions
2:00 p.m. Adjourn
Next meeting: Friday, November 15 (Bismarck)