Proposed Amendments to the Rules for Lawyer Discipline
RULE 2.4 DISTRICT INQUIRY COMMITTEES
. . . . .
E. Powers and Duties. Each district inquiry committee shall:
(1) Through members designated by its chair or by using the services of counsel, investigate all information about a lawyer which, if true, would be grounds for discipline or transfer to disability inactive or incapacitated status, and provide a report of the investigation to counsel for distribution to the district inquiry committee;
(2) Review investigative reports and recommendations;
(3) Act on each complaint by dismissal, by approval of diversion
from discipline, by issuance of an admonition or consent
probation or both, by directing participation in a lawyer
assistance program in conjunction with an admonition or consent
probation, or by directing counsel to file a petition with the
board initiating formal disciplinary or disability proceedings
(4) Dismiss a complaint after a lawyer's completion of all conditions of diversion from discipline; and
(5) Discontinue diversion from discipline if a lawyer does not complete all conditions of that diversion.
. . . . .