RULE 24. SUPPLEMENTAL STATEMENT OF INDIGENT DEFENDANT
(a) In General.
(1) Statement Permitted. In a criminal or post-conviction case in which counsel representing an indigent defendant has submitted a brief, the indigent defendant or petitioner may file a statement of additional grounds for review to identify and discuss matters that the indigent defendant or petitioner believes were not adequately addressed in the brief filed by counsel.(b) Filing; Response.
(2) Length and Legibility The statement may not exceed 16 pages and may be handwritten so long as it is legible.
(3) Identification of Errors. The court will not consider an indigent defendant's or petitioner's statement of additional grounds for review if it does not inform the court of the nature and occurrence of alleged errors. Reference to the record and citation to authority is required.
(1) Time for Filing. The statement of additional grounds for review must be filed within 30 days after service on the indigent appellant of the brief prepared by indigent appellant's counsel. The indigent defendant or petitioner must serve all parties with the statement of additional grounds for review.
(2) Additional Briefing; Oral Argument by Indigent Defendant or Petitioner . The court may, in the exercise of its discretion, allow additional briefing to address issues raised in the indigent defendant's or petitioner's statement. Participation in oral argument by the indigent defendant or petitioner is permitted only by order of the court on its own motion in exceptional cases.