N.D. Sup. Ct. Admin. R.
POLICY 106. PERSONNEL POLICY BOARD
A. Establishment and Membership of Personnel Policy Board:
1. A Personnel Policy Board is hereby established.
2. The Board shall consist of eight voting members who shall be:
- 2 judges elected by the District Court Judges;
- 1 judge elected by the Administrative Council;
- 1 justice/judge appointed by the Chief Justice;
- 1 supreme court department or division head appointed by the Chief Justice;
- 2 district court employees elected by the district court employees;
- 1 supreme court employee elected by the supreme court employees.
3. Members of the Board shall serve a three year term with terms staggered so that no more than three members are up for appointment or election annually. A member may not serve more than three consecutive terms. A former member who served three consecutive terms is eligible for reappointment after a six-year break in service.
4. The Board shall elect a chairperson from among its membership. The chairperson may vote on all matters before the Board.
5. The State Court Administrator's Office shall provide staff assistance for the Board.
B. Duties and Responsibilities:
1. The Board shall make decisions on employee classification and pay grade appeals, under Policy 107; on employee grievance appeals, under Policy 108; and conduct employee discipline reviews, under Policy 115.
2. The Board shall meet periodically to review and make recommendations relating to personnel policies; to consider personnel matters affecting employees and to provide recommendations to the Chief Justice on such matters as deemed appropriate by the Board.
3. The Board shall submit a recommended salary administration plan to the Chief Justice on an annual basis.
4. The Board shall perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned to it by the Chief Justice.
Approved by Supreme Court on 11/24/04. Amended effective April 1, 2006 (Supreme
Court No. 20060059).