Born Sept. 19, 1922, at Bismarck, N.D. Received J.D. from University of North Dakota in 1949. Veteran of World War II and Korean Conflict. Practiced law in Elgin, North Dakota,
1949-1953; Grant County State's Attorney 1951-53; Counsel for Amerada Petroleum at Williston 1953-1971. In 1971, Governor William L. Guy
appointed him Judge of the Fifth Judicial District and he won election to the post in 1974. With the reorganization of the district court
system in 1979, he became Judge of the Northwest Judicial District, and was reelected in 1980 and 1986. Retired as district judge in 1992. Served as surrogate judge until Jan. 1, 2003. Died Nov. 25, 2006, at Westby, Wisc.