PATTERN JURY INSTRUCTION COMMISSION
June 14, 2013
MEMBERS PRESENT: M. Armstrong, J. Feland, J. Lee, D. Lillehaug, T. Kolb, J. Nelson, P. Zuger
MEMBERS ABSENT: J. Anderson, J. Geiger, J. McEvers, P. Myerchin, J. Vendsel
ALSO PRESENT: Jennifer Albaugh and Samantha Kramer, law clerks for South Central Judicial District
Chair J. Lee called the meeting to order.
Minutes: Minutes of the March 2013 meeting were reviewed.
Motion to approve: J. Feland
Second: P. Zuger
Financial Report: The 2011-13 PJIC budget is $31,622.00 and the Commission has spent $30,304.42 as of May 31. This amount is 95.8% of the budget with 95.8% of the biennium having past.
Motion to approve the financial report: J. Nelson
Second: D. Lillehaug
1. Minutes and drafts from the March 2013 meeting were prepared and published.
2. Annual report was completed and submitted to SBAND and Judicial Conference.
3. SBAND was contacted regarding M. Armstrong and D. Lillehaug’s terms. Both are eligible for reappointment. The Board of Governors met earlier this week and Staff is waiting to hear what was decided.
4. Judicial Conference was contacted regarding J. Anderson and J. Lee’s terms. J. Lee is eligible for reappointment and has been reappointed. J. Anderson is completing his third term and is not eligible for reappointment. The Honorable John Irby was appointed as replacement.
1. Instructions: The instructions approved at the October 2012 and March 2013 meetings were reviewed.
Motion to publish the instructions: J. Feland
Second: M. Armstrong
a. Admonition re: eyewitness testimony - J. Nelson
b. Estates - J. Nelson
c. Contracts - J. Lee
d. Agency - J. Feland
e. Eminent Domain - P. Myerchin
f. Legislative Changes affecting Criminal Laws - P. Myerchin
g. E-mail from attorney re: GSI and Reckless Endangerment - P. Myerchin
h. C - 6.00, Animals Known to be Vicious - J. Vendsel
i. Standard Admonitions - J. Geiger
j. C - 5.00, 8.00, 8.15 - J. Geiger
k. C - 9.0-9.40 - M. Armstrong
l. C - 9.50, 10.20, 12.0, 12.1 - P. Zuger
m. Medical Negligence - T. Kolb
n. Legal Negligence, C - 19.00 - D. Lillehaug
o. Duty of Pedestrian (C-16’s) - J. Feland
p. Lanlord/Tenant (C-17’s) - J. Lee
q. Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress (C-20’s) - J. McEvers
r. Motor Vehicle Civil Instruction, NDCC 36-10-59 - D. Lillehaug
s. Introductory Instructions - T. Kolb
Meeting adjourned by Chair.
Jennifer M. Hauge
8585 62nd Ave SW
Carson, ND 58529-9617