Monday, November 22, 1999
1:00 p.m. Convene and roll call
1:15 p.m. Child Support Issues:
Guidelines18 Year Old Filing Requirement (Extending Support After Majority)
Presenters: Barbara Siegel and Paulette Oberst, Child Support Enforcement
3:45 p.m. Sex Offender Registration
Presenter: Jonathan Byers
4:45 p.m. Recess
Tuesday, November 23, 1999
9:00 a.m. Adoption and Safe Families Act
Presenter: Mark Hardin, ABA
11:15 a.m. UCIS as a Management Tool
Presenter: Honorable Allan L. Schmalenberger, Presiding Judge
12:00 p.m. Luncheon
1:00 p.m. Business Meeting
1. Vote for Chief Justice (Judges and Justices only). It will be five years in January 2000 since Chief Justice VandeWalle started his current term.
2. Juvenile Drug Court - Justice Maring
3. Rule 8.5 Briefing - Judge Bohlman and Judge Holte
4. By-Laws Amendment Request from Executive Committee"That an education committee be established as a standing committee and that the Judicial Conference go on record as recommending the duties of the Judicial Education Commission be transferred to the Judicial Conference.
5. By-Laws Amendment Request from the Executive Committee"That the Judicial Conference Ethics Advisory Committee be Established as a Standing Committee of the Judicial Conference."
6. Clerk of Court Issues - Chief Justice VandeWalle
7. Brainstorming Session
8. New Business
9. For the Good of the Order
The referees will be invited to the meeting (except the business meeting).