McDowell v. McDowell
Sharon A. McDowell, Plaintiff and Appellee
Jefferey T. McDowell, Defendant and Appellant
North Central Judicial District,
Judge Gary A. Holum
|Nature of Action:||Divorce/Property Div./Alimony|
|Term:||09/2001  Argument: 09/05/2001|
|ND cite:||2001 ND 176|
635 N.W.2d 139
Listen to recording of oral argument in MP3 format
Appellant's Statement of the Issues:|
1.Did the Court err in granting custody to Sharon McDowell when it did not explain the reason for the decision? It did so in part by preventing a witness from testifying.
2. Did the Court err in restricting visitation to Jeff McDowell without any explanation?
3. Did the Court err in the child support calculation?
4. Did the Court err in denying Jeff McDowell any spousal support and when he was disadvantaged by the relationship and on account of his prior work related injury?
5. Did the Court in denying on this long term marriage an equitable division to Jeff McDowell when it gave the bulk of the assets to Sharon, but used Jeff's financial resources to pay family debts? Jeff's receipt of nothing more than clothing and the property of others is not equitable.
6. Should the Court have awarded Jeff McDowell partial attorney fees?
|Add Docket 20010056 RSS|
|1||02/26/2001 NOTICE OF APPEAL: 02/23/2001|
|2||02/26/2001 Copies of Motion and Brief to Reduce Cost Bond on Appeal and to Waive Transcript Cost; Cash|
|3||02/26/2001 Undertaking for Costs on Appeal; Affidavit of Jefferey T. McDowell|
|4||02/26/2001 ORDER FOR TRANSCRIPT (Laurel Marsh): 02/23/2001|
|5||02/28/2001 Copy of letter from Laurel Marsh to Robert Rau dated 2-27-01 RE: cost of transcript|
|6||02/28/2001 RETENTION OF RECORD ON APPEAL: 04/14/2001|
|7||04/17/2001 MOT. EXT/TIME TRANSCRIPT|
|8||04/17/2001 ACTION BY TRIAL COURT. Granted: 04/21/2001|
|9||04/18/2001 TRANSCRIPTS DATED July 2, 1999, October 19, 1999, & October 21, 1999 (Vols. 1-3)|
|10||04/19/2001 DISK of TRA|
|11||05/07/2001 RECORD ON APPEAL (3 Volumes) and exhibits. Not sent was #84 (Plaintiff's Exh. 17 - Tomb Raider|
|12||05/07/2001 Computer Game)|
|13||05/11/2001 APPELLANT BRIEF|
|14||05/11/2001 APPELLANT APPENDIX|
|15||05/21/2001 Corrected TOA and pages for ATB|
|16||05/21/2001 DISK - ATB|
|17||06/06/2001 MOT. EXT/TIME APPELLEE BRIEF|
|18||06/06/2001 ACTION BY CLERK. Granted: 06/26/2001|
|19||06/26/2001 APPELLEE BRIEF|
|20||06/27/2001 DISK - AEB|
|21||09/05/2001 APPEARANCES: Robert S. Rau, Jeffrey T. McDowell; Carol K. Larson, Sharon A. McDowell|
|22||09/05/2001 ARGUED: Rau; Larson (Vol X; P 150)|
|23||09/05/2001 ORAL ARGUMENT WEBCAST|
|24||11/02/2001 DISPOSITION (Remanded): AFFIRMED/PT, REVERSED/PT|
|25||11/02/2001 UNANIMOUS OPINION: Kapsner, Carol Ronning|
|26||11/02/2001 No costs will be taxed on this appeal|
|27||11/02/2001 Order/Judgment Mailed to Parties|
|29||12/03/2001 RECEIPT SIGNED BY DISTRICT COURT CLERK'S OFFICE|
|30||08/08/2007 EXPUNGED - Nonpermanent record items destroyed|