Langness v. Fencil Urethane Systems
Duane E. Langness, Plaintiff and Appellant
Fencil Urethane Systems, Inc.,
a corporation, Defendant and Appellee
RDO Farm Partnership, d/b/a
RD Offutt, Inc., a corporation;
James Behrens; and Polydyne, Inc., Defendants
South Central Judicial District,
Judge Burt L. Riskedahl
|Nature of Action:||Personal Injury|
|Term:||04/2003  Argument: 04/28/2003 10:45am|
|ND cite:||2003 ND 132|
667 N.W.2d 596
Listen to recording of oral argument in MP3 format
Appellant's Statement of the Issues:|
1. Did the court err in excluding the testimony of Toxicologist, Dr. Alan Buck?
2. Did the court err in allowing testimony about Langness' suit against other defendants who settled before trial?
3. Did the court err in allowing impeachment on a collateral matter?
4. Did the court err in excluding a technical data sheet?
5. Did the court err in excluding a functional capacity evaluation?
6. Did the court err in refusing Langness' instructions and giving certain instructions?
7. Did the court err in taxation of costs?
8. Did the court err in denying a claim for punitive damages?
Appellee's Statement of the Issues:
1. Did the trial court abuse its discretion in making its evidentiary rulings?
2. Did the trial court err in refusing certain jury instructions requested by Langness?
3. Did the trial court err in taxation of costs?
4. Did the trial court err in denying Langness' claim for punitive damages?
|Add Docket 20030004 RSS|
|1||01/03/2003||NOTICE OF APPEAL: 01/02/2003|
|2||02/03/2003||RECORD ON APPEAL (4 Vols.), Deposition, Dep. Exhibits, TRA of Motion to Ext Time dated 7-19-01 (3);|
|3||02/03/2003||TRA of Various Motions dated 9-26-01 (3); Master Index for Jury Trial Transcript dated 7-22-02|
|4||02/03/2003||thru 7-26-02; TRA dated 7-22-02 (3); TRA dated 7-23-02 (3); TRA dated 7-24-02 (3); TRA dated|
|5||02/03/2003||7-25-02 (3); TRA dated 7-26-02 (3)|
|6||02/03/2003||DISK - TR1 (7-22-02); TR2 (7-23-02); TR3 (7-24-02); TR4 (7-25-02); TR5 (7-26-02); TR6(Master Index)|
|8||02/12/2003||SUPPLEMENTAL CLERK'S CERT. DATED 2-10-03 (5 Depositions & the following Exhibits: 5D; 6-9; 11-18;|
|9||02/12/2003||28; 29; 38; 40-45; 47-50; 52-78; 80-82; 85; 114; 137; 201; 204-206; 223; 225; 231 (2); 238;|
|10||02/12/2003||241-243; 245; 247; 248; 251; 256; 268-271 -- exhibits are identified on Trial Record -Cert. #174)|
|13||02/19/2003||DISK - atb (e-mailed)|
|16||03/17/2003||DISK - AEB|
|18||04/07/2003||DISK (e-mailed) - RYB|
|19||04/28/2003||APPEARANCES: Duane A. Lillehaug; Randall J. Bakke|
|20||04/28/2003||ARGUED: Lillehaug; Bakke (Vol. Y; Page 109)|
|21||04/28/2003||ORAL ARGUMENT WEBCAST|
|22||08/20/2003||DISPOSITION: REVERSED AND REMANDED|
|23||08/20/2003||UNANIMOUS OPINION: Maring, Mary Muehlen|
|24||08/20/2003||Costs on appeal taxed in favor of appellant|
|25||08/22/2003||Judgment Mailed to Parties|
|27||09/22/2003||RECEIPT SIGNED BY DISTRICT COURT CLERK'S OFFICE|
|28||10/28/2009||EXPUNGED - Nonpermanent record items destroyed|