Interest of P.F.
In the Interest of P.F.
Cynthia M. Feland, Petitioner and Appellee
P.F., Respondent and Appellant
South Central Judicial District,
Judge Robert O. Wefald
|Nature of Action:||Civil Commit of Sexual Predator|
|Term:||02/2006  Argument: 02/07/2006|
|ND cite:||2006 ND 82|
712 N.W.2d 610
Listen to recording of oral argument in MP3 format
Appellant's Statement of the Issues:|
1. Did the Trial Court commit reversible error by its finding of probable cause at the preliminary hearing on April 15, 2005?
2. Did the Trial Court commit reversible error by not having a final commitment hearing within 60 days of the preliminary hearing?
3. Was there clear and convincing evidence that P.F. was a sexually dangerous offender?
Appellee's Statement of the Issues:
1. The District Court's determination that there was probable cause to order an evaluation of P.F. was appropriate.
2. The District Court's finding of good cause for continuing the commitment hearing outside the 60 days time period was appropriate.
3. The District Court's determination that there was clear and convincing evidence that P.F. was a sexually dangerous individual likely to engage in further acts of sexually predatory conduct was appropriate.
|Add Docket 20050302 RSS|
|1||09/02/2005 NOTICE OF APPEAL: 09/01/2005|
|3||09/02/2005 ORDER FOR TRANSCRIPT: 09/01/2005|
|4||09/30/2005 RETENTION OF RECORD ON APPEAL: 10/21/2005|
|5||10/20/2005 TRANSCRIPT DATED July 19, 2005|
|6||10/20/2005 DISK - TRA of 7-19-05|
|7||10/24/2005 RECORD ON APPEAL, original TRA dated 4-15-05; original & 1 copy of TRA of Telephone Conference|
|8||10/24/2005 dated 6-15-05 & the original & 1 copy of TRA of Telephonic Hearing dated 6-15-05 (NOT REC'D:|
|9||10/24/2005 #8 & 46 --Court Reporter Notes)|
|10||11/29/2005 APPELLANT BRIEF|
|11||11/29/2005 APPELLANT APPENDIX|
|12||11/29/2005 DISK - atb (e-mailed)|
|13||12/21/2005 APPELLEE BRIEF|
|14||12/21/2005 APPELLEE APPENDIX|
|15||12/30/2005 Motion for ext. of time to make corrections to AEB (letter dated 12-28-05)|
|16||12/30/2005 ACTION BY CLERK (re corrections to AEB). Granted: 01/10/2006|
|17||01/03/2006 Corrected Table of Authorities and page for AEB|
|18||01/03/2006 DISK - AEB (e-mailed)|
|19||02/07/2006 APPEARANCES: Kent M. Morrow; Cynthia M. Feland|
|20||02/07/2006 ARGUED: Morrow; Feland|
|21||02/07/2006 ORAL ARGUMENT WEBCAST|
|22||04/19/2006 DISPOSITION: AFFIRMED|
|23||04/19/2006 SPLIT OPINION: Crothers, Daniel John|
|24||04/19/2006 (CONCUR): Kapsner, Carol Ronning: CONCUR|
|25||04/20/2006 Judgment Mailed to Parties|
|26||05/08/2006 PETITION FOR REHEARING (e-filed)|
|27||05/08/2006 E-FILED BRIEF (pet/rehearing)|
|28||05/08/2006 Copies made of PER|
|29||05/09/2006 Mot. Ext/Time Petition for Rehearing (faxed)|
|30||05/09/2006 E-FILED MOTION (Mot/Ext/PER)|
|31||05/09/2006 ACTION BY CLERK. Granted: 05/08/2006|
|32||05/11/2006 ACTION BY SUPREME COURT (PER). Denied|
|34||05/25/2006 RECEIPT SIGNED BY DISTRICT COURT CLERK'S OFFICE|
|35||01/08/2016 EXPUNGED - Nonpermanent record items destroyed|