State v. Falconer
State of North Dakota, Plaintiff and Appellee
William Falconer, Defendant and Appellant
South Central Judicial District,
Judge Robert O. Wefald
|Nature of Action:||Drugs/Contraband|
|Term:||03/2007  Argument: 03/27/2007 9:30am|
|ND cite:||2007 ND 89|
732 N.W.2d 703
Listen to recording of oral argument in MP3 format
Appellant's Statement of the Issues:|
1. Did the trial court err when it permitted the State to issue a grant of use immunity?
2. Did the trial court err when it failed to give Falconer's requested jury instruction of self defense?
3. Did the State establish sufficient corroboration of Niska's testimony as an accomplice?
4. Was there sufficient evidence to sustain a conviction of aggravated assault?
Appellee's Statement of the Issues:
1. Whether the Trial Court Erred in Permitting the State to Grant Immunity to a Fact Witness?
2. Whether the Trial Court Erred When it Refused to Give the Jury Instruction on Self-Defense?
3. Whether There was Sufficient Evidence for the Jury to Convict the Defendant of Possession of Methamphetamine with Intent to Deliver, Possession of Methamphetamine and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia?
4. Whether There was Sufficient Evidence for the Jury to Convict the Defendant of Aggravated Assault?
|Add Docket 20060210 RSS|
|1||07/28/2006||NOTICE OF APPEAL: 07/27/2006|
|2||07/28/2006||ORDER FOR TRANSCRIPT: 07/27/2006|
|3||08/28/2006||Letter (undated) from Mr. Falconer re: change of address|
|4||09/14/2006||MOT. EXT/TIME TRANSCRIPT|
|5||09/14/2006||ACTION BY TRIAL COURT (MTR). Granted: 10/25/2006|
|6||10/23/2006||TRANSCRIPTS DATED March 28 & March 29, 2006 (2 Vol.), and July 13, 2006|
|7||10/23/2006||DISK - TRA March 28 & March 29, 2006 (e-mailed)|
|8||10/24/2006||RECORD ON APPEAL INCLUDING SEPARATES (ENTRY NOS. 20, & 41), NOT REC'D (ENTRY NOS. 38 & 43)|
|9||11/22/2006||MOT. EXT/TIME APPELLANT BRIEF|
|10||11/22/2006||ACTION BY CLERK (MAT). Granted: 01/03/2007|
|11||11/22/2006||E-FILED MOTION for Extension of Time to File Appellant's Brief|
|14||12/28/2006||DISK of ATB (e-mailed)|
|16||01/30/2007||DISK - AEB (e-mailed)|
|17||03/27/2007||APPEARANCES: Kent M. Morrow; Tyrone J. Turner|
|18||03/27/2007||ARGUED: Morrow; Turner|
|19||03/27/2007||ORAL ARGUMENT WEBCAST|
|20||06/07/2007||DISPOSITION (AND REMANDED): AFFIRMED/PT, REVERSED/PT|
|21||06/07/2007||UNANIMOUS OPINION: Crothers, Daniel John|
|22||06/08/2007||Judgment Mailed to Parties|
|24||07/05/2007||RECEIPT SIGNED BY DISTRICT COURT CLERK'S OFFICE|
|25||10/20/2016||EXPUNGED - Nonpermanent record items destroyed|