Lynch v. The New Public School District No. 8
Danni Jane Lynch, Plaintiff and Appellant
The New Public School
District No. 8 A Rural
School District in Williams
County, North Dakota, Defendant and Appellee
Northwest Judicial District,
Judge David W. Nelson
|Nature of Action:||Contracts|
|Term:||11/2011  Argument: 11/07/2011|
|ND cite:||2012 ND 88|
816 N.W.2d 53
Listen to recording of oral argument in MP3 format
Appellant's Statement of the Issues:|
1. Did material disputed facts preclude Summary Judgment?
2. Was Danni Lynch entitled to Notice of Non-Renewal?
3. Did Danni Lynch state claims for which she was entitled to a jury trial?
4. Did the trial court err in denying Plaintiff's request for an Order compelling discovery?
Appellee's Statement of the Issues:
1. Whether a school district may transfer a teacher from one school within the district to another school within the district without conducting a nonrenewal hearing pursuant to N.D.C.C. 15.1-15-06?
2. Whether a teacher can sustain a claim for emotional distress when a school district transfers her from one school to another school within the district?
3. Whether a teacher can sustain a claim for damage to professional reputation when a school district transfers her from one school to another school within the district?
4. Whether the District Court abused its discretion in denying Ms. Lynch's request for additional discovery after it dismissed her claims against the District.
|Add Docket 20110109 RSS|
|1||04/20/2011 NOTICE OF APPEAL: 04/19/2011|
|2||04/20/2011 ORDER FOR TRANSCRIPT: 04/19/2011|
|3||05/20/2011 ELECTRONIC RECORD ON APPEAL (ENTRY NOS. 1-49).|
|4||05/25/2011 TRANSCRIPT DATED 11/05/10 & C.O.S.|
|5||06/21/2011 MOT. EXT/TIME APPELLANT BRIEF|
|6||06/21/2011 E-FILED MOTION|
|7||06/21/2011 ACTION BY CLERK. Granted: 07/25/2011|
|8||07/21/2011 MOTION To File Overlength Brief|
|9||07/25/2011 NO ACTION TAKEN (Motion to File Overlength Brief)(ATB is within the word limit/no action necessary)|
|10||07/25/2011 APPELLANT BRIEF|
|11||07/25/2011 APPELLANT APPENDIX|
|12||07/25/2011 DISK - ATB (email)|
|13||08/24/2011 APPELLEE BRIEF (e-filed)|
|14||08/24/2011 E-FILED BRIEF (AEB)|
|15||08/24/2011 APPELLEE APPENDIX (E-filed)|
|16||08/24/2011 E-FILED APPENDIX (AEA)|
|17||08/25/2011 Received $25 surcharge for AEB (Receipt #20633)|
|18||08/29/2011 Received 7 copies of AEB from CSD|
|19||08/29/2011 Received 6 copies of AEA from CSD|
|20||10/05/2011 NOTICE OF ORAL ARGUMENT SENT|
|21||11/07/2011 APPEARANCES: Irvin B. Nodland; Tiffany L. Johnson|
|22||11/07/2011 ARGUED: Irvin B. Nodland; Tiffany L. Johnson|
|23||11/07/2011 ORAL ARGUMENT WEBCAST|
|24||05/03/2012 DISPOSITION: AFFIRMED|
|25||05/03/2012 UNANIMOUS OPINION: VandeWalle, Gerald W.|
|26||05/03/2012 COSTS ON APPEAL TAXED IN FAVOR OF APPELLEE|
|27||05/04/2012 Judgment Sent to Parties|
|29||09/14/2012 RECEIPT SIGNED BY DISTRICT COURT CLERK'S OFFICE|