Martire' v. Martire'
Michael P. Martire', Plaintiff, Appellant
Sandra Hendricksen Martire', Defendant, Appellee
South Central Judicial District,
Judge David E. Reich
|Nature of Action:||Child Cust & Support (Div.\other)|
|Term:||06/2012  Argument: 06/26/2012 10:00am|
|ND cite:||2012 ND 197|
822 N.W.2d 450
Listen to recording of oral argument in MP3 format
Appellant's Statement of the Issues:|
1) Did the trial court err in admitting, over objection of plaintiff, the testimony and evidence submitted by defendant's expert witnesses?
2) Was the trial court's decision on primary residential responsibility/parenting time clearly erroneous?
3) Was the trial court's decision to terminate the services of the court appointed reunification counselor clearly erroneous?
4) Was the trial court's findings and order for the payment of child support proper?
5) Was the trial court's findings and order for the payment of spousal support clearly erroneous?
6) Was the trial court's distribution of property, particularly permitting debt offsets to the defendant based upon undocumented credit card debt, clearly erroneous?
7) Was the trial court's determination on December 17, 2010 that plaintiff/appellant was in contempt of court an abuse of discretion?
Appellee's Statement of the Issues:
1. Did the Trial Court err in its valuation of a marital asset Spine and Pain Clinic?
2. Did the Trial Court err in computing appellant's income earning capacity?
3. Was the Trial Court's Findings of what constituted the marital estate accurate or equitable?
4. Did the type of property distributed to each of the parties make the division inequitable?
5. Was the Trial Court's calculation of child support, spousal support, attorney fees and litigation costs was erroneous and based on false and fraudulent representations?
6. Did the Trial Court err in its disposition of assets including children's funds, children's trust accounts, non-existent accounts, missing accounts, and accounts with misstated values?
7. Did the Trial Court err in June of 2011 in granting joint and equal parental responsibility?
Appellee's Statement of the Issues:
Issues of Guardian ad Litem:
Whether the trial court clearly erred in awarding joint decision-making responsibility and equal parenting time for the minor children RM and CM.
|Add Docket 20110197 RSS|
|1||07/05/2011||NOTICE OF APPEAL: 07/05/2011|
|2||07/05/2011||ORDER FOR TRANSCRIPT: 07/05/2011|
|3||07/08/2011||RETENTION OF RECORD ON APPEAL (acknowledgment letter from Court Reporter Sharon Fox of OTR and RRA): 08/24/2011|
|4||07/14/2011||NOTICE OF CROSS APPEAL (filed in trial court on 7-12-11)|
|5||08/17/2011||MOT. EXT/TIME TRANSCRIPT (faxed)|
|6||08/17/2011||E-FILED MOTION (MTR) faxed|
|7||08/17/2011||ACTION BY TRIAL COURT (MTR). Granted: 10/03/2011|
|8||09/12/2011||Electronic Clerk's Certificate of RECORD ON APPEAL (Image Nos. 1-783)|
|9||09/20/2011||Electronic Supplemental Clerk's Certificate dated 9-19-11 (Image Nos. 785-788; 784 is Clerk's Cert)|
|10||09/28/2011||Amended Electronic Clerk's Certificate of Record, dated 9-9-11 (Image Nos. 1-783)|
|11||09/29/2011||2nd Notice of Appeal filed in trial court September 27, 2011 - Hendricksen Martire|
|12||09/30/2011||Letter dated 9/30/11 from Pagel on proceeding with the appeal|
|13||10/03/2011||TRANSCRIPTS DATED 8/25/08; 12/01/08; 3/09/09; 5/13/09; 5/26/09; 12/31/09;|
|14||10/03/2011||1/29/10; 2/2/10; 2/3/10; 2/4/10; 2/5/10; 2/8/10; 2/9/10; 2/10/10; 2/11/10; 2/12/10;|
|15||10/03/2011||3/24/10; 3/4/11; 6/29/11; & Master Index (20 vols.) & C.O.S.|
|16||10/03/2011||DISK - tra (8/25/08; 12/01/08; 3/09/09; 5/13/09; 5/26/09; 12/31/09;|
|17||10/03/2011||1/29/10; 2/2/10; 2/3/10; 2/4/10; 2/5/10; 2/8/10; 2/9/10; 2/10/10; 2/11/10; 2/12/10;|
|18||10/03/2011||3/24/10; 3/4/11; 6/29/11; & Master Index)|
|19||10/05/2011||Upon the filing of the Appellant's brief, the Court will decide whether to stay the appeal pending|
|20||10/05/2011||pending the district court's disposition of pending motion|
|21||10/10/2011||MOT. EXT/TIME TRANSCRIPT (Sharon Fox)|
|22||10/10/2011||ACTION BY CLERK. Granted: 10/10/2011|
|23||10/10/2011||Corrected page 24 for Transcript dated 8-25-08 & corrected page 1174 for Tra dated 2-8-10|
|24||10/10/2011||Partial TRANSCRIPT DATED June 12, 2009 & C.O.S. (NOTE: The remainder of this tran. is part of ROA)|
|25||10/10/2011||DISK - TRA dated 6-12-09 & corrected TRA dated 8-25-08 & 2-8-10 (e-mailed)|
|26||10/12/2011||Electronic 2nd Supplemental Clerk's Certificate dated 10-11-11 (Image Nos. 789-808)(#809-2nd Suppl)|
|27||11/01/2011||Electronic 3rd SUPPLEMENTAL RECORD ON APPEAL dated 10-31-11 (Entry Nos. 810-816; 817 is 3rd Suppl.)|
|28||11/09/2011||MOTION TO EXTEND WORD LIMIT BY APPELLANT|
|29||11/09/2011||ACTION BY CHIEF JUSTICE (Mot/Extend/Word/Limit) (1200 add'l words). Granted|
|31||11/14/2011||APPELLANT APPENDIX (Vols. I and II)|
|32||11/17/2011||Corrected covers for ATB & ATA, corrected TOA & page 13 for ATB|
|33||11/17/2011||DISK - atb (e-mailed)|
|34||11/26/2011||Electronic 4th SUPPLEMENTAL RECORD ON APPEAL dated 11-26-11 (Entry Nos. 819-839; 840 is 4th Suppl.)|
|35||11/26/2011||Entry No. 818 (receipt for 3rd Supplemental) was not certified|
|36||11/29/2011||STAY PENDING District Court's decision on motion requesting full parental responsibility|
|37||12/21/2011||ORDER OF REMAND|
|38||01/05/2012||Electronic 5th SUPPLEMENTAL RECORD ON APPEAL (images 841-848)|
|39||04/16/2012||Request to reset briefing schedule and continue appeal|
|40||04/16/2012||ACTION BY CHIEF JUSTICE. Granted|
|41||04/16/2012||MOT. EXT/TIME APPELLEE BRIEF (sua sponte)|
|42||04/16/2012||ACTION BY CHIEF JUSTICE. Granted: 05/18/2012|
|43||04/18/2012||MOTION TO EXTEND WORD LIMIT BY APPELLEE|
|44||04/18/2012||ACTION BY CHIEF JUSTICE (Mot/Extend/Word/Limit) (2000 add'l words). Granted|
|45||04/20/2012||ELEC. SUPPLEMENTAL RECORD ON APPEAL (ENTRY NOS.850-905)|
|46||04/27/2012||MOTION FOR Stay Pending District Court Decision (Appellee). RspDue: 05/07/2012|
|47||05/01/2012||Appellee's Motion for Remand|
|48||05/07/2012||Appellant's Response to Motion for Stay|
|49||05/07/2012||Guardian Ad Litem's Response to Motion for Stay|
|50||05/07/2012||ACTION BY CHIEF JUSTICE (Motion for Stay). Denied|
|51||05/07/2012||ACTION BY CHIEF JUSTICE (Motion for Remand). Denied|
|52||05/16/2012||7th ELEC. SUPPLEMENTAL RECORD ON APPEAL (ENTRY NOS.906-916)|
|53||05/17/2012||Affidavit of Richard Ducote Pursuant to Admission to Practice R.3(A)(5)(a)|
|54||05/17/2012||APPELLEE BRIEF (Guardian ad Litem)|
|55||05/17/2012||DISK (aeb) (Guardian ad Litem) (e-mailed)|
|56||05/18/2012||NOTICE OF ORAL ARGUMENT SENT|
|57||05/18/2012||P. Garrity, Guardian ad Litem, will not argue at oral argument|
|58||05/18/2012||APPELLEE BRIEF (Sandra Hendricksen-Martire')|
|59||05/18/2012||APPELLEE APPENDIX (2 vols.)|
|60||05/23/2012||Corrected pages ii, 33, & 34 for brief of Appellee Sandra Hendricksen Martire'|
|61||05/25/2012||MOTION FOR Extension of Word Limit for Appellant's Reply Brief|
|62||05/29/2012||ACTION BY CHIEF JUSTICE (granted for 2,000 words). Granted|
|64||06/04/2012||MOTION FOR Extension of Word Limit for Appellee's Reply Brief|
|65||06/04/2012||ACTION BY SUPREME COURT. Denied|
|66||06/06/2012||DISK - ryb (e-mailed)|
|67||06/08/2012||Rec'd 8 corrected pages 2 & 16 for RYB|
|68||06/18/2012||REPLY BRIEF OF APPELLEE/CROSS-APPELLANT|
|69||06/18/2012||RYB OF APPELLEE/CROSS-APPELLANT APPENDIX|
|70||06/18/2012||DISK-RYB OF APPELLEE AND CROSS-APPELLANT (E-MAILED)|
|71||06/18/2012||Supplemental Appendix of Appellee-Cross-Appellant|
|72||06/26/2012||APPEARANCES: Rodney E. Pagel and Patricia E Garrity, Guardian ad Litem; Irvin B. Nodland and|
|74||06/26/2012||ARGUED: Pagel and Garrity; DuCote|
|75||06/26/2012||ORAL ARGUMENT WEBCAST|
|77||09/25/2012||SPLIT OPINION: Kapsner, Carol Ronning|
|78||09/25/2012||Dissenting: Sandstrom, Dale V.: DISSENT|
|79||09/25/2012||Costs on appeal taxed in favor of Appellee and Cross-Appellant|
|80||09/26/2012||Judgment Sent to Parties|
|81||10/09/2012||PETITION FOR REHEARING|
|83||10/23/2012||rec'd proof of service of PER on Ducote and Garrity|
|84||10/23/2012||ACTION BY SUPREME COURT. Denied|
|86||06/11/2013||RECEIPT SIGNED BY DISTRICT COURT CLERK'S OFFICE|