D.E. v. K.F.
D.E., Plaintiff and Appellant
K.F. and M.F., Defendants and Appellees
Southwest Judicial District,
Judge Zane Anderson
|Nature of Action:||Paternity|
|Term:||06/2012  Argument: 06/25/2012|
|ND cite:||2012 ND 253|
825 N.W.2d 832
Listen to recording of oral argument in MP3 format
Appellant's Statement of the Issues:|
1. Whether the Uniform Parentage Act as codified in North Dakota Century Code Section 14-20 et seq should apply in this case?
2. If the Court determines that the Uniform Parentage Act does apply in this case, whether the Court should interpret the Act to address the facts of this case?
3. If the Court determines that the Uniform Parentage Act does apply in this case, whether the District Court Judge erred in granting the Defendant's Motion to Dismiss?
Appellee's Statement of the Issues:
1. Did the district court err in finding that plaintiff (appellant) failed to present a claim for which relief could be granted under North Dakota law.
2. Did the district court correctly grant summary judgment for the defendant (appellee) based upon their find that the threshold requirements necessary to maintain a proceeding to adjudicate the parentage of a child having a presumed after two years from the time of birth of the child have not been met.
|Add Docket 20120069 RSS|
|1||01/19/2012 NOTICE OF APPEAL: 01/18/2012|
|2||01/19/2012 ORDER FOR TRANSCRIPT: 01/18/2012|
|4||02/17/2012 ELECTRONIC RECORD ON APPEAL (ENTRY NOS. 1-38).|
|5||03/06/2012 TRANSCRIPT DATED December 6, 2011 & C.O.S.|
|6||03/06/2012 DISK of tra dated 12-6-11 (e-mailed)|
|7||04/09/2012 MOT. EXT/TIME APPELLANT BRIEF & Brief/Support|
|8||04/09/2012 ACTION BY CLERK, granted provided an affidavit of good cause is filed by 4-16-12. Granted: 04/30/2012|
|9||04/12/2012 Affidavit of Theresa L. Kellington received|
|10||04/30/2012 APPELLANT BRIEF|
|11||04/30/2012 APPELLANT APPENDIX|
|12||05/03/2012 Corrected Appellant's Brief|
|13||05/03/2012 DISK-ATB (E-MAILED)|
|14||05/18/2012 NOTICE OF ORAL ARGUMENT SENT|
|15||06/01/2012 APPELLEE BRIEF|
|16||06/01/2012 E-FILED BRIEF|
|17||06/06/2012 Received $25 surcharge for AEB (Receipt #21210)|
|18||06/08/2012 Received 7 copies of AEB from CSD|
|19||06/25/2012 APPEARANCES: Theresa L. Kellington; Ashley E. Holmes|
|20||06/25/2012 ARGUED: Theresa L. Kellington; Ashley E. Holmes|
|21||06/25/2012 Due to technical difficulty, oral argument was not webcasted|
|22||12/18/2012 DISPOSITION: REVERSED AND REMANDED|
|23||12/18/2012 UNANIMOUS OPINION: Sandstrom, Dale V.|
|24||12/18/2012 COSTS ON APPEAL TAXED IN FAVOR OF APPELLANT|
|25||12/19/2012 Judgment Sent to Parties|
|27||01/23/2013 RECEIPT SIGNED BY DISTRICT COURT CLERK'S OFFICE|
|28||03/12/2013 Corrected Opinion Page (correction occurs at Para 22, Line 6, replacing "though" with "through"|