State ex rel. D.D. v. G.K.
State of North Dakota, County of
Cass, ex rel. D.D., and A.K.-D., a
minor child, by and through his
guardian ad litem
D.D., Plaintiff and Appellant
G.K., Defendant and Appellee
East Central Judicial District,
Judge Lawrence A. Leclerc
|Nature of Action:||Paternity|
|Term:||04/2000  Argument: 04/03/2000|
|ND cite:||2000 ND 101|
611 N.W.2d 179
Appellant's Statement of the Issues:|
1. The District Court erred in concluding there was no significant change of circumstances warranting a change in the custody of the minor child.
2. The District Court determination there was no significant change of circumstances was clearly erroneous and/or deficient.
3. The District Court erred in its interpretation of the applicable law.
4. The District Court's consideration of the mother's Motion for New Trial amounted to a clear abuse of discretion.
5. The District Court's decision to exclude evidence was clearly erroneous.
Appellee's Statement of the Issues:
1.Whether the Appellant was entitled to a hearing and a determination on her Motion for Change of Custody
2. Whether the District Court's decision not to change custody was clearly erroneous?
3. Whether the District Court abused it's discretion in denying the Appellant's motion for a New Trial?
4. Whether the District Court's decision to strike certain evidence was an abuse of discretion?
|Add Docket 990352 RSS|
|1||11/26/1999 - C O N F I D E N T I A L -|
|2||11/26/1999 NOTICE OF APPEAL: 11/23/1999|
|3||11/26/1999 ORDER FOR TRANSCRIPT: 11/23/1999|
|4||12/27/1999 RECORD ON APPEAL (3 Vols.); Depositions (3); original transcripts dated 8-14-96; 6-30-99 (marked|
|5||12/27/1999 Vol. I); 7-06-99 (marked Vol. II); and 8-25-99. (NOT REC'D: Clerk's Cert. Nos. 87 & 179 (Steno|
|6||12/27/1999 Notes) and Nos. 63, 89, 108, 127, 272, 277, and 289 (Tapes) which were retained in Dist. Ct.)|
|7||12/28/1999 TRANSCRIPTS DATED 6-30-99 (marked Vol. I); 7-06-99 (marked Vol. II); and 8-25-99 (NOTE: originals|
|8||12/28/1999 were filed w/ROA - see Clerk's Cert. No. 298)|
|9||12/29/1999 DISK NONCOMPLIANCE (TRA dated 6-30-99; 7-06-99; and 8-25-99)|
|10||02/07/2000 MOT. EXT/TIME APPELLANT BRIEF; AFF. IN SUPPORT|
|11||02/07/2000 ACTION BY CLERK (MAT). Granted: 02/14/2000|
|12||02/14/2000 SUPPLEMENTAL CLERK'S CERTIFICATE DATED FEBRUARY 11, 2000 (Entries No. 309 - 312)|
|13||02/14/2000 APPELLANT BRIEF|
|14||02/14/2000 APPELLANT APPENDIX|
|15||02/22/2000 Corrected Table of Authorities and pages 5 and 9 for ATB|
|16||02/22/2000 DISK - atb|
|17||03/15/2000 APPELLEE BRIEF|
|18||03/17/2000 DISK - AEB|
|19||03/22/2000 REPLY BRIEF OF APPELLANT|
|20||03/23/2000 Clerk's Supp. Cert. of ROA dated 3/22/2000 with entries 312 through 320 attached|
|21||03/24/2000 DISK - AT's RYB|
|22||04/03/2000 APPEARANCES: C. Charles Chinquist; William Kirschner|
|23||04/03/2000 ARGUED: Chinquist; Kirschner (Vol. X; page 14)|
|24||05/25/2000 DISPOSITION: AFFIRMED|
|25||05/25/2000 UNANIMOUS OPINION: Neumann, William A.|
|26||05/25/2000 Costs on appeal taxed in favor of appellee|
|27||05/26/2000 Order/Judgment Mailed to Parties|
|29||06/23/2000 RECEIPT SIGNED BY DISTRICT COURT CLERK'S OFFICE|
|30||03/09/2007 EXPUNGED - Nonpermanent record items destroyed|