[RESERVED FOR FUTURE USE] IDENTITY PROTECTION
(a) Form of Confidential References. On appeal, including in briefs, at oral argument and in opinions, the following individuals may not be referred to by name but may be referred to by initials:
(1) the respondent in a mental health proceeding;
(2) the respondent and members of the respondent's family in a conservatorship or guardianship proceeding;
(3) the respondent in a juvenile proceeding;
(4) the child and parents in a proceeding to terminate parental rights;
(5) a minor child in a divorce, child custody, or child support case;
(6) a victim or alleged victim of a sexual offense.
(b) Modification of Electronic Opinions. At the request of any person, if the name of an individual eligible for protection under subdivision (a) appears in the electronic version of an appellate opinion, it must be replaced by initials and the opinion annotated with the words "Modified under N.D.R.App.P. 14."
Rule 14 was adopted effective __________________.
Sources: Joint Procedure Committee Minutes of __________________.
Considered: N.D.C.C. §§ 12.1-35-03, 14-15-16, 14-20-54, 25-03.1-43, 27-20-51.