APPENDIX F. RULE 8.8 ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION STATEMENT
|STATE OF NORTH DAKOTA||IN DISTRICT COURT|
|COUNTY OF ______||_____ JUDICIAL DISTRICT|
|A.B.,||)||Civil No. ________|
|)||AND SCHEDULING INFORMATION|
a. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION ("ADR") PROCESS (check one):
____ Counsel, after discussing ADR with their clients, agree that ADR is appropriate and choose the following:
____ Arbitration (non-binding)
____ Arbitration (binding)
____ Court-Sponsored Settlement Conference
____ Other (explain) __________________________________________
____ Counsel, after discussing ADR with their clients, agree that ADR is NOT appropriate because:
____ the case implicates the federal or state constitution
____ domestic violence has occurred between the parties
____ other (explain) ___________________________________________
b. PROVIDER (check one):
____ The parties have selected the following ADR neutral: _____________________________________________________________
____ The parties would like ADR conducted by a judicial officer or employee and request the Court to appoint one.
____ The parties cannot agree on an ADR neutral and request the Court to appoint one.
____ The parties agreed to select an ADR neutral on or before _____________________________________________________________
c. DEADLINE: The parties recommend that the ADR process be completed by ________ _________________________________________________________.
d. INFORMATION FOR SCHEDULING ORDER:
(to be provided whether or not parties will enter into ADR)
The parties suggest the following dates be used in a scheduling order in this matter:
1. The parties will complete factual discovery by____________________.
2. The parties will move to join any additional parties by________________.
3. The parties will move to make any amendments to pleadings by_____________.
4. The parties will identify expert witnesses by____________________.
5. All dispositive motions (motions to dismiss, for summary judgment, for qualified immunity, etc.) will be filed by____________________.
6. All non-dispositive motions (motions for consolidation or bifurcation, motions in limine, etc.) will be filed by_______________________.
7. Depositions of expert witnesses will be completed by_________________.
8. The parties will be ready for trial by_________________.
9. The trial is expected to last__________________.
|Signed: _________________________||Signed ____________________________|
|Lawyer for (Petitioner)||Lawyer for (Respondent)|
|Attorney ID #: ___________________||Attorney ID #: ______________________|
|Firm: ___________________________||Firm: _____________________________|
|Address: ________________________||Address: ___________________________|
|Telephone: ______________________||Telephone: _________________________|
|Date: __________________________||Date: ______________________________|
[Adopted effective March 1, 2001; amended effective__________.]