TITLE: Assistant Attorney General (unclassified)
POSITION NO: 125-591
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
CLOSING DATE: March 31, 2014
DIVISION: Natural Resources & Indian Affairs
DIRECTOR: Matt Sagsveen
1. Licensed to practice law in North Dakota, or the expectation of imminent admission to the North Dakota Bar.
2. High ethical standards; clean discipline record.
3. Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Interpersonal skills needed to work well with clients, colleagues, and the public.
6. Judgment, reliability, and willingness to devote the time and energy necessary to provide excellent legal services to the State of North Dakota.
7. Ability, demonstrated in previous employment experience or otherwise shown, to establish and maintain effective, harmonious working relationships with clients, colleagues, and supervisors.
8. Excellent time management and organization skills.
9. Proven ability or potential to do excellent legal work in the areas of legal research and writing, negotiations, and client advice.
10. Successful completion of the interview process, reference checks, and standard background and criminal record checks to determine knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform assistant attorney general tasks.
Applicants are screened based on qualifications, successful completion of the interview process and a background and criminal investigation. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The Office of Attorney General does not provide Sponsorships.
Application package must be received by 11:59 PM on the closing date listed on the opening.
Documents to be submitted:
Applicants who are residents of ND and eligible to claim veteran's preference must attach Form DD214. Claims for disabled veteran's preference must include a current statement of disabled status from the Veteran's Affairs Office with the application for employment.
Anyone needing assistance or accommodations during any part of the application or interview process please contact Glenna Ellison, Office of Attorney General: E-mail: email@example.com phone: (701) 328-1256, fax: (701) 328-2226 or TTY: 1-800-366-6888.
Duties and Tasks
The position is responsible for providing legal advice and litigation services in subject areas for which the Division of Natural Resources & Indian Affairs is responsible. More specifically, the position will have responsibilities for agricultural law and may also provide legal services to the Parks & Recreation Department and Game & Fish Department. In addition, the position may have opportunities to work in other areas for which the Division is responsible, such as environmental, Indian, water, property, and oil and gas law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
March 20, 2014