Position No.: 125-28876
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Closing Date: June 12, 2013
Status: Full-Time with State Benefit Package
Location: 500 North 9th Street, Bismarck
Selecting Supervisor: Matthew Sagsveen, Director Natural Resources & Indian Affairs Division
1. Licensed to practice law in North Dakota, or the expectation of imminent admission to the North Dakota State Bar.
2. Experience practicing as a State Bar licensed attorney will be preferred.
3. High ethical standards; clean discipline record.
4. Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Interpersonal skills needed to work well with clients, colleagues, and the public.
7. Judgment, reliability, and willingness to devote the time and energy necessary to provide excellent legal services to the State of North Dakota.
8. Ability, demonstrated in previous employment experience or otherwise shown, to establish and maintain effective, harmonious working relationships with clients, colleagues, and supervisors.
9. Excellent time management and organization skills.
10. Proven ability or potential to do excellent legal work in the areas of legal research and writing, negotiations, and client advice.
11. Successful completion of the interview process, reference checks, and standard background and criminal record checks to determine knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform assistant attorney general tasks.
Applications must be submitted on a State of North Dakota Application for Employment Form (SFN #10950) along with a resume, three professional references, college and law school transcripts, writing sample, and cover letter with a summary that explains how the applicantís experiences and abilities are related to the positionís duties and minimum qualifications. Applications must be mailed to: Glenna Ellison, Human Resource Officer, Office of Attorney General, 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 125, Bismarck, ND 58505-0040. Applications must be received or postmarked by June 12, 2013. Telephone Number (701) 328-1256, TTY Number 1 800 366 6888.
Application forms are available at Job Service offices, the Human Resource Management Services office and the Office of Attorney General or may be downloaded from the Internet at the following address: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorships will not be provided.
If claiming Veteranís Preference or Spouses Veteranís Preference, as described in North Dakota Century Code ch. 37-19.1, please submit proof of eligibility form DD-214 with the application. Persons who may need additional job information or may require accommodation or assistance with the application or interview process should contact Glenna Ellison at telephone number (701) 328-1256, or e-mail email@example.com. TTY Number 1 800 366 6888.
Summary of Work:
The position is responsible for providing litigation and general counsel services to the North Dakota Board of University and School Lands and the North Dakota Department of Mineral Resources. The Land Board manages about 2.5 million acres of minerals and 700,000 surface acres. The Department of Mineral Resources is comprised of the Oil and Gas Division and the Geological Survey. The Departmentís primary responsibility is to regulate the oil and gas industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The state of North Dakota does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. ß 23-12-10.
May 29, 2013