Job ID 3011630
Position No.: 125-29466
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Closing Date: November 9, 2018
Status: Full-Time with State Benefit Package
Location: Bismarck or Fargo, ND
Selecting Supervisor: Matthew Sagsveen, Director, Civil Litigation, Natural Resources, and Indian Affairs Division
Summary of Work
The position responsibilities include assisting the division with its representation of the State's Risk Management Division, Department of Human Services. and miscellaneous litigation as assigned.
1. Licensed to practice law in North Dakota, or the expectation of imminent admission to the North Dakota Bar.
2. High ethical standards: clean discipline record.
3. Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Interpersonal skills needed to work well with clients, colleagues, and the public.
6. The judgment, reliability, and willingness to devote the time and energy necessary to provide excellent legal services to the State of North Dakota.
7. Ability, demonstrated in previous employment experience or otherwise shown. to establish and maintain effective, harmonious working relationships with clients. colleagues, and supervisors.
8. Excellent time management and organization skills.
9. Proven ability or potential to do excellent legal work in the areas of legal research and writing, negotiation, and client advice.
10. Successful completion of the interview process. reference checks, and standard background and criminal record checks to determine knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform assistant attorney general tasks.
Applicants are screened based on qualifications, successful completion of the interview process and a background and criminal investigation. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The Office of Attorney General does not provide sponsorships. Application package must be received by 11 :59 PM on the closing date listed on the opening.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE AT www.nd.gov/omb/public/state-jobs.
Documents to be submitted:
Applicants who are residents of ND and eligible to claim veteran's preference must attach Form 00214. Claims for disabled veteran's preference must include a current statement of disabled status from the Veteran's Affairs Office with the application for employment.
Anyone needing assistance or accommodations during any part of the application or interview process please contact Glenna, Office of Attorney General E-mail: email@example.com; phone: (701) 328-1256, fax: (701) 328- 2226 or TTY 1-800-366-6888.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act. As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.