Position No.: 125-603
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Closing Date: November 7, 2012
Status: Full Time with State Benefit Package
Location: Civil Litigation Division, 500 North 9th Street, Bismarck
Selecting Supervisor: Doug Bahr, Director, Civil Litigation Division
1. Licensed to practice law in North Dakota, or the expectation of imminent admission to the North Dakota Bar.
2. Experience in employment law strongly preferred.
3. High ethical standards; clean discipline record.
4. Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Interpersonal skills needed to work well with clients, colleagues, and the public.
7. The judgment, reliability, and willingness to devote the time and energy necessary to provide excellent legal services to the State of North Dakota.
8. Ability, demonstrated in previous employment experience or otherwise shown, to establish and maintain effective, harmonious working relationships with clients, colleagues, and supervisors.
9. Excellent time management and organization skills.
10. Proven ability or potential to do excellent legal work in the areas of legal research and writing, litigation, negotiation, and client advice.
11. Successful completion of the interview process, reference checks, and standard background and criminal record checks to determine knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform assistant attorney general tasks.
Applications must be submitted on a State of North Dakota Application for Employment Form (SFN #10950) along with a resume, three professional references, college and law school transcripts, writing sample, and cover letter with a summary that explains how the applicant's experiences and abilities are related to the position's duties and minimum qualifications.
Applications must be mailed to: Glenna Ellison, Human Resource Officer, Office of Attorney General, 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 125, Bismarck, ND 58505-0040. Applications must be received or postmarked by November 7, 2012. Telephone Number (701) 328-1256, TTY Number 1 800 366 6888.
Application forms are available at Job Service offices, the Human Resource Management Services office and the Office of Attorney General or may be downloaded from the Internet at the following address: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorships will not be provided.
If claiming Veteran's Preference or Spouses Veteran's Preference, as described in North Dakota Century Code ch. 37 19.1, please submit proof of eligibility form DD-214 with the application. Persons who may need additional job information or may require accommodation or assistance with the application or interview process should contact Glenna Ellison at telephone number (701) 328 1256, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. TTY Number 1 800 366 6888.
Summary of Work:
The position is responsible for providing legal advice and representation to state agencies and Risk Management in employment and personnel issues. The position will also be responsible for miscellaneous civil litigation as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The state of North Dakota does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
October 24, 2012