Job ID 3007436
Position No.: 125-603
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Closing Date: The position is open until filled; however, review of applications will begin immediately, so please submit as soon as possible
Status: Full Time with State Benefit Package
Location: Civil Litigation Division, 500 North 9th Street, Bismarck
Selecting Supervisor: Matthew Sagsveen - Solicitor General
Summary of Work
The position is responsible for providing legal advice and representation to state agencies and Risk Management in employment and personnel issues; The position may also be responsible for miscellaneous civil litigation as assigned including natural resources, Department of Corrections, and Labor Department related cases.
1. Licensed to practice law in North Dakota, or the expectation of imminent admission to the North Dakota Bar.
2. Experience in employment law & litigation helpful.
3. High ethical standards; clean discipline record.
4. Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Interpersonal skills needed to work well with clients, colleagues, and the public.
7. The judgment, reliability, and willingness to devote the time and energy necessary to provide excellent legal services to the State of North Dakota.
8. Ability, demonstrated in previous employment experience or otherwise shown, to establish and maintain effective, harmonious working relationships with clients, colleagues, and supervisors.
9. Excellent time management and organization skills.
10. Proven ability or potential to do excellent legal work in the areas of legal research and writing, litigation, negotiation, and client advice.
11. Successful completion of the interview process, reference checks, and standard background and criminal record checks to determine knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform assistant attorney general tasks.
For application details go to the State of North Dakota jobs page and refer to Job ID 3007436.
Applicants are screened based on qualifications, successful completion of the interview process and a background and criminal investigation. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The Office of Attorney General does not provide sponsorships.
Applications will only be accepted online at www.nd.gov/omb/public/state-jobs
Documents to be submitted:
Cover letter with a summary that clearly explains how the applicant's work experience is related to the summary of work and minimum/preferred qualifications
3 Professional References
College and Law School Transcripts (copies or unofficial versions are acceptable)
Applicants who are residents of ND and eligible to claim veteran's preference must attach Form DD214. Claims for disabled veteran's preference must include a current statement of disabled status from the Veteran's Affairs Office with the application for employment.
Anyone needing assistance or accommodations during any part of the application or interview process please contact Glenna, Office of Attorney General: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: (701) 328-1256, fax: (701) 328-2226 or TTY: 1-800-366-6888.
Learn more about Office of Attorney General at: http://www.ag.nd.gov
Learn more about Employment Benefits at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/employees/benefits.aspx
Visit North Dakota State government: http://www.nd.gov
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.