Attorney $70,000 - $85,000
Salary depends on experience
Duties and Tasks
This position is responsible for providing legal advice and opinions for the Insurance Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner and other Department employees; advising agency personnel on legal matters; drafting proposed orders; representing the Department in regulatory matters and civil litigation in court; and reviewing and drafting rules and legislation.
The position works with a team of attorneys and a legal assistant under the direction of the Department's General Counsel.
1. A Juris Doctorate degree and a license to practice law in North Dakota.
2. High ethical standards and a positive personnel history.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Strong interpersonal skills needed to work well with clients, colleagues, government officials, and the public.
5. Good judgment, strong reliability, and a willingness to devote time and energy necessary to provide excellent legal services to the Insurance Commissioner.
6. Excellent time management and organization skills.
7. Successful completion of the interview process, reference checks, and criminal record checks.
Preference will be given to applicants with civil litigation, insurance, legislative, or government agency experience.
To apply, go to the N.D. State Jobs Site and locate Job ID 3011200.