LOCAL RULE 1998-1. AMENDED CASE REASSIGNMENT PROCEDURE
Purpose: This local court rule is adopted to provide a district-wide procedure for reassignment of selected cases in compliance with N.D. Sup. Ct. Admin. R. 2(9).
The following procedure will be applied whenever the Presiding Judge is the judge subject to a demand for change of judge pursuant to Section 29-15-21 N.D.C.C., or whenever the Presiding Judge recuses himself after determining it is inappropriate to preside in an assigned case.
1. A case assignment rotation roster shall be maintained in the office of court administration.
2. The office of court administration shall assign the next judge in order from the assignment rotation roster.
3. The rotation order shall be established January 1st of each odd numbered year. Placement on the list shall be by random selection.
4. Any questions regarding the appointment of a judge shall be directed to the office of court administration.
5. The effective date of this Rule in nunc pro tunc July 1, 1997.
6.Notwithstanding alternative rule termination procedures, it is intended that this Rule shall continue in effect until amended or terminated by recommendation of the Presiding Judge of the Northwest Judicial District, or pursuant to the terms of N.D.R. Local Ct. P.R. §§ 3.1 or 5.1.
7. It is determined pursuant to N.D.R. Local Ct. P.R. § 6.1, that an emergency exists and that this Rule shall become immediately effective.
Dated at Stanley, North Dakota, this 1st day of June, 2000.
By the Court:
Robert W. Holte
[Approved by Supreme Court September 27, 2000.]
SOURCES: Approved by the Supreme Court on July 15, 1998, effective nunc pro tunc July 1, 1997; amended September 22, 2000, effective nunc pro tunc June 1, 2000.
CROSS REFERENCE: See Effective Term of Local Court Rule, N.D.R. Local Ct. P.R. § 10.