District Court Filing Fees
Filing fees in district court are set by N.D.C.C. 27-05.2-03.
Under this statute, fees are:
- for filing a case for decision that is not a small claims action, $80;
- for filing an answer to a case that is not a small claims action, $50;
- For filing a small claims action in district court, $10.
- for filing any matter authorized to be filed in the office of the clerk of court other than those listed above, $10;
- for preparing, certifying, issuing, or transmitting any document, $10;
- for filing a motion or an answer to a motion to modify an order for alimony, property division, child support, or child custody, $30.
For filing a foreign judgment, fees are:
- for filing a foreign decree or judgment under N.D.C.C. 26.1-02-19 or 28-20.1-05, $10
- for filing a petition for subsequent administration of an estate under N.D.C.C. 30.1-21-08, $10
- For filing a trust registration statement or petition for allowance of trustee's annual report or other remedies under N.D.C.C. 30.1-32-02, $10
- For filing a foreign domestic violence protection order, no fee