UNIFIED JUDICIAL SYSTEM
FEES AND EXPENSES FOR PREPARATION OF TRANSCRIPTS
1. For the preparation of a transcript from shorthand notes or recording device, except as indicated below, the court reporter or other individual employed by the judiciary to prepare a transcript is entitled to receive per page compensation of $1.90 for the original, 35 for the first copy and 15 for each additional copy.
2. The court reporter or other individual employed by the judiciary shall not receive per page compensation for the preparation of the following:
a. For the preparation of transcripts which are the business of the court.b. For the preparation of sentencing transcripts prepared under Section 12-55-31, N.D.C.C.
3. "Business of the court" is defined as criminal-indigent and court-ordered transcripts.
A. Expenses Associated With Recording the Proceeding.
The state will pay for expenses associated with recording the proceedings and maintenance of stenographic equipment owned by the state.
B. Expenses and Equipment Use.
1. The court reporter may use the court reporter's equipment or state-owned CAT equipment.
2. If the court reporter uses state-owned CAT equipment to prepare transcripts, which are not the business of the court, the court reporter shall pay the state for use of that equipment at a rate of 60 per page. Payment shall be made upon completion of the transcript.
3. The court reporter or other individual employed by the judiciary to prepare a transcript will be responsible for costs associated with producing a transcript if entitled to a fee for preparing the transcript, including paper, copying, binding, etc. The state will pay for associated expenses if there is no fee compensation.
C. Computer-CAT System.
The state court administrator may approve the purchase of computers, software, stenowriters, and other CAT related expenditures upon approval of a statewide CAT implementation plan.
(APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 1997)