Search Tips

Divorce with an agreement - With Children

IMPORTANT: ND Legal Self Help Center staff and court employees and are not allowed to give legal advice and cannot help you complete these forms. If you are unsure how to proceed, you should consult an attorney.

To protect your rights, carefully read this information and any instructions to which you are referred.

You may only use these forms if your answer to all of the following statements is "yes"

  1. Both spouses are currently in comunication with each other. _____ yes _____no
  2. Both spouses agree on all issues and there are no issues on which they disagree. _____ yes _____no
  3. One of the spouses has lived in North Dakota for the past six months. _____ yes _____no
  4. All of the minor children have lived in North Dakota with a spouse for at least the past 6 months (or since birth); *OR* Within the past 6 months, North Dakota was the home state of all of the children and one spouse still lives in North Dakota. _____ yes _____no
  5. This is the only legal action pending between the spouses regarding the marriage or the minor children. _____ yes _____no
  6. Neither spouse is currently in the military; *OR* one or both spouses are currently in the military but not deploying or deployed. _____ yes _____no
  7. There is no domestic violence protection order or disorderly conduct restraining order in effect regarding either spouse. _____ yes _____no

STOP! If you answered "No" to any of the above, DO NOT use this forms packet.

  • Instructions Read before completing any forms
  • Form 1 Summons
  • Form 2 Complaint
  • Form 3 Settlement Agreement
  • Form 4 Property and Debt Listing
  • Form 5 Confidential Information Form
  • Form 6 Admission of Service
  • Form 7 Affidavit of Proof
  • Form 8 Findings of Fact, Conclusions of Law and Order for Judgment (Proposed)
  • Form 9 Judgment (Proposed)
  • Form 10 Notice of Entry of Judgment

If you prefer to hand write the forms in black ink, you can print out all of the forms and instructions at once by clicking on the following links:

The information provided on and obtained from this site does not constitute the official record of the Court. This information is provided as a service to the general public. Any user of this information is hereby advised that it is being provided "as is". The information provided may be subject to errors or omissions. Visitors to this site agree that the Court is not liable for errors or omissions of any of the information provided. 

If you have a question relating to a case that is already filed please contact the clerk of court for the county.