Modify Primary Residential Responsibility with an agreement

IMPORTANT: ND Legal Self Help Center staff and court employees and are not allowed to give legal advice and cannot help you complete these forms. If you are unsure how to proceed, you should consult an attorney.

To protect your rights, carefully read this information and any instructions to which you are referred.

You may use this packet of forms only if:

  1. You have a North Dakota State District Court judgment that established residential responsibility (custody) and parenting time (visitation); and
  2. There is no domestic violence protection order, disorderly conduct restraining order, or no contact order currently in effect regarding either parent; and
  3. You and the other parent are currently in contact with each other; and
  4. You and the other parent completely agree on all modifications to the North Dakota State District Court judgment, including the child support amount associated with the judgment; and
  5. Neither you nor the other parent is represented by a lawyer.

Forms in the packet in order of use (you will need ALL forms):

Instructions Read before completing any forms

  1. Stipulated Agreement
  2. Financial Affidavit
  3. Confidential Information Form
  4. Notice of Motion to Modify
  5. Motion to Modify
  6. Brief in Support of Motion to Modify
  7. Affidavit in Support of Motion to Modify
  8. Order to Amend Judgment (Proposed)
  9. Amended Judgment (Proposed)
  10. Admission of Service


The information provided on and obtained from this site does not constitute the official record of the Court. This information is provided as a service to the general public. Any user of this information is hereby advised that it is being provided "as is". The information provided may be subject to errors or omissions. Visitors to this site agree that the Court is not liable for errors or omissions of any of the information provided.

If you have a question relating to a case that is already filed please contact the clerk of court for the county.