The Education division oversees education for judges and employees and monitors compliance with continuing education requirements; develops training agendas and handles all details of contracting with speakers and venues; assists the Judicial Education Commission in the development and implementation of long-range strategic planning for education; provides oversight in the production and distribution of various benchbooks and employee manuals; develops content and provides oversight of the production of the court system newsletter; designs informational brochures and other resources intended for public education; works in conjunction with other government and community entities to develop and deliver training to a variety of audiences; and assists courts in crafting local media policies.
- North Dakota Rules on Judicial Branch Education
- Education Strategic Plan - Narrative
- Education Strategic Plan - Final Chart
- Judicial Branch Education Commission and Minutes
"The Judicial Branch Education Commission will provide innovative education and training programs to guide and inspire a unified Judicial Branch in an ever-changing environment."
- Develop innovative programs and delivery models that encourage collaboration, outreach, and the sharing of knowledge.
- Guide the development of concrete learning processes and business practices that assist judges and judicial branch employees in modifying behavior by creating, acquiring, and applying new knowledge and skills.
- Expose judges and judicial branch employees to trends, best practices, and developments related to the judicial process
- Inspire and develop leaders and faculty who reinforce learning and provide supportive learning environments within the judicial branch
- Application for Approval of Continuing Educational Activity – SFN 19486
- Report of Compliance Form A
- Report of Compliance Form B
- National Judicial College www.judges.org
- National Center for State Courts www.ncsc.org
- National Council for Juvenile and Family Court Judges www.ncjfcj.org
- Judicial Family Institute www.judicialfamilyinstitute.org
- National Indian Child Welfare Association www.nicwa.org
- American Bar Association Judicial Division www.americanbar.org/groups/judicial/