Search Tips

Legal Self Help Center

Welcome to the North Dakota Legal Self Help Center

The North Dakota Legal Self Help Center provides resources to people who represent themselves in civil matters in North Dakota State Courts. The information on this website and from Center staff isn't intended for legal advice but only a general guide to civil court process. Legal advice is dependent upon the specific circumstances of each situation and can only be provided by an attorney to their client.

The information contained on this website isn't guaranteed to be up to date and the North Dakota Legal Self Help Center isn't responsible for any consequences that may result from the information on the website or from Center staff. The information can't replace the advice of competent legal counsel licensed in the state

  • There is no attorney/client privilege or confidentiality of any information shared with North Dakota Legal Self Help Center staff.
  • North Dakota Legal Self Help Center staff are neutral and may provide services to all parties in the case.
  • North Dakota Legal Self Help Center staff aren't responsible for the outcome of a case.

If you're unsure about whether you should use the information on the website, contact a licensed attorney.

We encourage you to read all the information and instructions on this website. The answer you're looking for may be easier than you think.

General Information

Legal Forms and Guides

Forms are not available for every legal issue or circumstance.  If you do not find the form on this website, the form is not available through the North Dakota Legal Self Help Center.

You may need to create legal documents yourself.  The General-Use forms in the District Court Civil Action Section below may be used as a starting point for creating your own legal documents.

If you do not understand any of this information, of if you have trouble filling out any of the forms located here, please see an attorney for help.

The information provided on and obtained from this site does not constitute the official record of the Court. This information is provided as a service to the general public. Any user of this information is hereby advised that it is being provided "as is". The information provided may be subject to errors or omissions. Visitors to this site agree that the Court is not liable for errors or omissions of any of the information provided.

If you have a question relating to a case that is already filed please contact the clerk of court for the county.