Law Library Open for In-Person Visits by Appointment
Call or email the Law Library to arrange an appointment time. Appointments are limited to one person in the Law Library lobby for one hour. This may be extended to two hours, if no one is waiting. If you’ll be using a public access computer, please review Public Access Computer Use.
The Law Library is again lending print resources to attorneys who are licensed to practice in North Dakota. Search the ODIN Electronic Catalog to see if the resource is part of our print collection. Contact the Law Library to arrange to borrow the print title(s).
Law Library staff continue to provide assitance with your legal research needs by email and phone.
To request legal research assistance, to make an in-person appointment, or to borrow from our print collection, call (701) 328-4496 or (701) 328-4248, or email email@example.com.
Law Library Mission Statement
The Primary purpose of the law library is to support the legal information needs of the North Dakota Supreme Court and the judicial system. The secondary purpose is to support the legislature and administrative agencies of the state. The library's resources are also available to the members of the North Dakota bar and the public. The availability to others is limited to the extent it does not compromise the library's primary purpose.
Overview of Law Library
The Supreme Court Law Library is located at 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Judicial Wing Second Floor, Bismarck, North Dakota 58505-0530. Law Library hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
The library provides general reference, legislative research, and interlibrary loan services in addition to lending materials to the Unified Court System.
The library is open to the public; however, library holdings cannot be checked out by the public.
- Legal Research Assistance
- Public Access Computer Use
- Attorney Consultation Room Use
- Legal Research Guide and Checklist
- North Dakota Legislative History Research - Quick Guide
Search the Law Library Collection
ODIN is a shared library database of many North Dakota academic, public, state agency, and special libraries. The Supreme Court Law Library’s collection is searchable in ODIN.
- North Dakota Legal Self-Help Center
- North Dakota State Government Home Page
- University of North Dakota School of Law Thormodsgard Law Library
- Law Library of Congress
- Federal Depository Library Program
- THOMAS- Federal Legislative Material on the Web
- National Center for State Courts
- Legal Information Institute
Law Library Pictures
- Law Clerks From 1965-1989
- Law Clerks From 1989-2001
- Law Clerks From 2001-2013
- Law Clerks From 2013-2022
Law Library Personnel
Assistant Law Librarian