Law Library Mission Statement
The Primary purpose of the law library is to support the legal information needs of the North Dakota Supreme Court and the judicial system. The secondary purpose is to support the legislature and administrative agencies of the state. The library's resources are also available to the members of the North Dakota bar and the public. The availability to others is limited to the extent it does not compromise the library's primary purpose.
Overview of Law Library
The Supreme Court Law Library is located at 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Judicial Wing Second Floor, Bismarck, North Dakota 58505-0530.
The library provides general reference, legislative research, and interlibrary loan services in addition to lending materials to the Unified Court System.
The library is open to the public; however, library holdings cannot be checked out by the public.
Search the Law Library Collection
ODIN is a shared library database of many North Dakota academic, public, state agency, and special libraries. The Supreme Court Law Library’s collection is searchable in ODIN.
- North Dakota Legal Self-Help Center
- North Dakota State Government Home Page
- University of North Dakota School of Law Thormodsgard Law Library
- Federal Depository Library Program
- THOMAS- Federal Legislative Material on the Web
- National Center for State Courts
- Legal Information Institute
- Washlaw Web
Law Library Personnel
Law Library Assistant II