State v. Sparkman
- State of North Dakota, Plaintiff and Appellee
Elden Jojuan Sparkman, Defendant and Appellant
- Case Type
- CRIMINAL APPEAL : MISC. STATUTORY OFF. (MISDEMEANOR)
- Appeal From
Case No. 2022-CR-02322
East Central Judicial District, Cass County
Reid Alan Brady
Parties' Statement of Issues
1. The distrct court erred in admitted testimonial hearsay upon hearsay, offered for the truth of the matter asserted, through a 911 call.
2. There lacks sufficient evidence to sustain a conviction against Elden Sparkman for violation of a foreign protection order.
1. Whether admission of the 911 recording constituted obvious error.
2. Whether sufficient evidence supported the guilty verdict.
(Note: Attachments may not be available for recently filed cases and/or confidential documents.)
|Seq. #||Filing Date||Description||Attachment|
|1||05/15/2023||NOTICE OF APPEAL : 05/15/2023||View|
|2||05/15/2023||NOT. OF FILING NOT. OF APPEAL AND PROOF OF SERV.||View|
|3||05/15/2023||Notice served on Elden J. Sparkman and SheraLynn Ternes|
|4||05/17/2023||ORDER FOR TRANSCRIPT : 05/24/2023||View|
|5||05/24/2023||Rec'd notice of Court Appointed counsel Samuel A. Gereszek for Appellant||View|
|6||06/12/2023||ELEC. RECORD ON APPEAL DATED JUNE 9, 2023 (ENTRY NOS. 1-76, 79-92)(REC'D BY US MAIL: ITEMS 77 & 78)||View|
|7||06/12/2023||All Transcripts Filed in Record|
|8||06/13/2023||1ST ELEC. SUPP. RECORD ON APPEAL DATED JUNE 13, 2023 (ENTRY NOS. 93-97)||View|
|10||07/23/2023||Oral Argument Request by Appellant|
|11||07/24/2023||Rec'd 3 copies of ATB back from CD|
|13||08/21/2023||Oral Argument Request by Appellee|
|14||08/22/2023||Rec'd 3 copies of AEB back from CD|
|15||09/20/2023||NOTICE OF ORAL ARGUMENT SENT|