IMPORTANT: ND Legal Self Help Center staff and court employees and are not allowed to give legal advice and cannot help you complete these forms. If you are unsure how to proceed, you should consult an attorney.
To protect your rights, carefully read this information and any instructions to which you are referred.
You may only use these forms if your answer to ALL of the following statements is "Yes"
- Both parents agree on all issues and there are no issues on which they disagree. ____Yes ____ No
- The parents of the minor child(ren) have never been married to each other. ____Yes ____ No
- All of the minor children have lived in North Dakota with a parent for at least the past 6 months (or since birth); *OR* Within the past 6 months, North Dakota was the home state of all of the children and one parent still lives in North Dakota. ____Yes ____ No
- There is no other custody, visitation, divorce or paternity order from a North Dakota court or court of another state. ____Yes ____ No
- This is the only legal action pending between the parents regarding the minor children. ____Yes ____ No
- The father of the child or children is recognized as the father by a signed acknowledgement of paternity, a court order, or an adoption order. ____Yes ____ No
- Neither parent is currently in the military; *OR* one or both parents are currently in the military but not deploying or deployed. ____Yes ____ No
- There is no domestic violence protection order or disorderly conduct restraining order in effect regarding either parent. ____Yes ____ No
STOP! If you answered "No" to any of the above, DO NOT use this forms packet.
- Instructions Read Before Completing any Forms
- Form 1 Summons
- Form 2 Complaint
- Form 3 Settlement Agreement
- Form 4 Confidential Information Form
- Form 5 Admission of Service
- Form 6 Affidavit of Proof for Stipulated Judgment
- Form 7 Findings of Fact, Conclusions of Law and Order for Judgment (Proposed)
- Form 8 Judgment (Proposed)
- Form 9 Notice of Entry of Judgment
If you prefer to handwrite the forms in black ink, you can print out all of the forms and instructions at once by clicking on the following links:
- All Instructions for Packet & Forms (Print on both sides)
- Forms 1 through 9 (Print on one side only)
The information provided on and obtained from this site does not constitute the official record of the Court. This information is provided as a service to the general public. Any user of this information is hereby advised that it is being provided "as is". The information provided may be subject to errors or omissions. Visitors to this site agree that the Court is not liable for errors or omissions of any of the information provided.
If you have a question relating to a case that is already filed please contact the clerk of court for the county.