Job Announcement - Assistant Attorney General Thursday, September 29, 2022
Position No: 125-593
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Closing Date: October 11, 2022
Status: Full-Time with State Benefit Package
Location: State Capitol, Bismarck, ND
Selecting Supervisor: Mary Kae Kelsch, Director, State and Local Government Division
Summary of Work
The position is responsible for providing general counsel legal advice to multiple state agencies and state professional licensing boards as well as assisting the State and Local Division on administration rules as follows:
- Represent clients by preparing and participating in board meetings, advising the Board of legal risks and implications, open records and open meeting guides, disciplinary actions and legal questions.
- Answer general legal questions from clients including contract review, statutory interpretation, and general legal questions via phone calls and emails.
- Handle legal correspondence including settlement agreements, orders, and any and all discipline with licensees, other attorneys, and the board and its members.
- Legal review of administrative rules submitted to the Attorney General’s Office in addition to working with clients to redraft NDAC or NDCC as needed.
- Other duties as assigned including but not limited to CLE’s, office tasks such as additional training, use of Justware, corresponding with administrative support, conferences, and presentations.
In addition to the monthly salary, this position includes fully paid health insurance for employee and family, the option to participate in employee-paid dental and vision for employee and family, participation in the state NDPERS defined contribution retirement plan as well as the option to participate in the 457 deferred compensation plan, the option to contribute to a medical spending account, and earning annual and sick leave.
Link to full job announcement: https://www.cnd.nd.gov/psc/recruit/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&SiteId=11000&FOCUS=Applicant&JobOpeningId=3023136&PostingSeq=1