This position will represent indigent clients in judicial proceedings in the Southwest Judicial District and on appeals in the North Dakota Supreme Court. This position will require travel to all counties in the Southwest Judicial District and will provide conflict services in other jurisdictions.
- Represent clients in judicial proceedings in a competent, effective and ethical manner.
- Provide representation for conflict cases in other jurisdictions as necessary which may require some travel.
- Keep abreast of statutory and decisional law in areas of practice.
- Maintain license to practice laws and obtain required CLE credits.
- May assist with agency education and training programs and projects for public defenders and contract attorneys.
Performs other duties as necessary and/or assigned by the Commission.
Link to full job announcement: https://www.cnd.nd.gov/psc/recruit/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&SiteId=11000&FOCUS=Applicant&JobOpeningId=3018873&PostingSeq=1