Joint Procedure Committee Meeting
Scheduled on Thursday, April 24, 2003 @ 11:00 AM
April 24-25, 2003, Meeting
Not all committee documents are available on the Web at this time (because they are not presently available in an electronic format).
The Committee's printed drafts contain line numbers which do not convert to the Web. Some additional formatting may be lost.
Questions or comments may be directed to Staff Attorney Mike Hagburg - MHagburg@ndcourts.gov.
I. Roll Call and Preliminaries
II. Minutes of January 30-31, 2003 Meeting
III. Old Business
- Rule 13, N.D. Sup. Ct. Admin. R., Judicial Referees
The Committee will consider whether to amend N.D. Sup. Ct. Admin. R. 13 to change the standard under which referee decisions are reviewed by the district court.
- Memorandum on Rule 13
- Minn. Stat. 484.70
- Iowa Code 602.7103
- January 2003 Memorandum 2 on Rule 13
- Interest of D.Q
- Benson v. Benson
- E-mail from Justice Maring
- Proposed N.D. Sup. Ct. Admin. R. 13
- Rule 8.10, N.D.R.Ct., Writs
The Committee will continue work on N.D.R.Ct. 8.10, which is intended to integrate statutory writ procedure into a single procedural rule.
- Memorandum on Rule 8.10
- N.D.C.C. ch. 32-33
- Proposed N.D.R.Ct. 8.10
IV. New Business
- Rule 41, N.D. Sup. Ct. Admin. R., Access to Judicial Records
The Committee will consider whether to insert additional protections for social security numbers and other personal information into N.D. Sup. Ct. Admin. R. 41.
- Memorandum on Rule 41
- Court Technology Committee bulk data request information
- Letter from Mike Gjesdahl
- Minn. Rule 313
- Minn. Confidential Information Form
- Cass County Information Form
- N.D.C.C. § 12.1-23-11
- N.D.C.C. § 14-03-17
- N.D.C.C. § 14-05-02.1
- N.D.C.C. § 14-09-08.1
- N.D.C.C. § 14.12.2-23
- N.D.C.C. § 14-12.2-36
- N.D.C.C. § 14-17-14
- N.D.C.C. § 14-19-03
- N.D.C.C. § 23-02.1-19
- N.D.C.C. § 32-03-52
- N.D.C.C. § 35-13-02
- N.D.C.C. § 35-17-04
- N.D.C.C. § 35-20-02
- N.D.C.C. § 35-31-02
- N.D.C.C. § 35-34-04
- N.D.C.C. § 35-34-05
- N.D.C.C. § 41-09-73
- N.D.C.C. § 43-50-04
- N.D.C.C. § 44-04-17.1
- N.D.C.C. § 44-04-18
- N.D.C.C. § 44-04-18.7
- N.D.C.C. § 44-04-18.17
- State ex. rel. Williston Herald, Inc. v. O'Connell
- Proposed N.D. Sup. Ct. Admin. R. 41
- Rule 34, N.D. Sup. Ct. Admin. R., Rule Regarding Domestic Violence Advocates
The Committee will consider whether any changes should be made to N.D. Sup. Ct. Admin. R. 34 to remove allegedly discriminatory elements.
- Memorandum on Rule 34
- Letter from D. Luke Davis
- Letter from Bonnie Palecek
- Executive Summary of Domestic Violence Survey
- North Dakota Domestic Violence Information
- Attorney General's Memorandum
- N.D. Sup. Ct. Admin. R. 34
- Rule 21, N.D.R.App.P., Supervisory Writs; Rule 40, N.D.R.App.P., Petition for Rehearing
The Committee will consider technical changes recommended by the Supreme Court Clerk for N.D.R.App.P. 21 and 40.
- Memorandum on Rule 21
- Proposed N.D.R.App.P. 21
- Proposed N.D.R.App.P. 40
- Rule 43, N.D.R.App.P., Substitution of Parties
The Committee will consider a change recommended by the Supreme Court Clerk for N.D.R.App.P. 43.
- Memorandum on Rule 43
- Proposed N.D.R.App.P. 43
- Rule 5, N.D.R.Crim.P., Initial Appearance Before the Magistrate
The Committee will a recommendation to eliminate N.D.R.Crim.P. 5's preliminary examination requirement.
- Memorandum on Rule 5
- State v. Kunkel
- Proposed N.D.R.Crim.P. 5
- Order 15, N.D. Sup. Ct. Admin. R., Interactive Television Project--Southeast Judicial District
The Committee has been asked to review and comment on Admin. Order 15, which establishes an ITV pilot project in the SEJD.
- Memorandum on Rule 15
- Letter from Penny Miller
- Letter from Judge Paulson
- SEJD ITV Report
- N.D.C.C. § 25-03.1-13
- Admin. Order 15
- Rule 7.1, N.D.R.Civ.P., Disclosure Statement; Rule 12.3, N.D.R.Crim.P., Disclosure Statement; Rule 26.1, N.D.R.App.P., Corporate Disclosure Statement
The Committee will consider whether to adopt a corporate disclosure statement requirement that was recently made part of the federal rules.
- Memorandum on Rule 7.1
- E-mail from Justice Maring
- Fed.R.Civ.P. 7.1
- Fed.R.Crim.P. 12.4
- Fed.R.App.P. 26.1
- Proposed N.D.R.Civ.P. 7.1
- Proposed N.D.R.Crim.P. 12.3
- Proposed N.D.R.App.P. 26.1
- Rule 2, N.D.R.Crim.P., Purpose and Construction
The Committee will consider whether to adopt form and style changes to N.D.R.Crim.P. 2 consistent with changes in the federal criminal rules.
- Memorandum on Rule 2
- Fed.R.Crim.P. 2
- Proposed N.D.R.Crim.P. 2
- Rule 3, N.D.R.Crim.P., The Complaint
The Committee will consider whether to adopt form and style changes to N.D.R.Crim.P. 3 consistent with changes in the federal criminal rules.
- Memorandum on Rule 3
- Fed.R.Crim.P. 3
- Proposed N.D.R.Crim.P. 3
- Rule X, N.D. Sup. Ct. Admin. R., Civil Case Management; Rule 16, N.D.R.Civ.P., Pretrial Conferences; Scheduling; Management; Rule 26, N.D.R.Civ.P., General Provisions Governing Discovery; Rule 40, N.D.R.Civ.P., Assignment of Cases for Trial
The Committee has been asked to review and comment on a civil case management rule forwarded to the Supreme Court by the Council of Presiding Judges.
- Memorandum on Case Management
- Letter from Colette Bruggman
- Fed.R.Civ.P. 16
- Fed.R.Civ.P. 26
- Proposed Admin. Rule X
- Proposed N.D.R.Civ.P. 16
- Proposed N.D.R.Civ.P. 26
- Proposed N.D.R.Civ.P. 40