Gooss v. Gooss, et al.
- Vickie M. Gooss, nka Vickie M. Lenard, Plaintiff
Jeffrey A. Gooss, Defendant and Appellant
State of North Dakota, Statutory Real Party in Interest
- Case Type
- CIVIL APPEAL : CHILD CUST & SUPPORT (Div.\Other)
- Appeal From
Case No. 2018-DM-00044
South Central Judicial District, Mercer County
David E. Reich
Parties' Statement of Issues
1. Whether the district court erred in determining that it had jurisdiction.
2. Whether the district court erred in requiring Defendant to pay child support.
3. Whether the district court erred in determining the amount of deviation for visitation travel expenses.
1. Whether the district court had jurisdiction to modify Mr. Gooss' child support obligation.
2. Whether it was inequitable for the district court to require Mr. Gooss to pay child support.
3. Whether the district court abused its discretion in determining the amount of the deviation for visitation travel expenses.
Jeffrey Gooss appeals after the district court modified his child support obligation.
Jeffrey Gooss and Vickie Gooss, now known as Vickie Lenard, divorced in Nevada in 2004. The Nevada district court awarded Lenard primary residential responsibility of the parties’ minor child. The court awarded Jeffrey Gooss parenting time. In 2013, the Nevada court amended the judgment. The amended judgment required Jeffrey Gooss to pay all travel expenses for the exercise of parenting time after March 2013, and specified these travel expenses would constitute child support. Lenard later moved to South Dakota with the child, and Gooss moved to North Dakota. The State of North Dakota reviewed and filed a motion to modify Gooss’ child support obligation, and the district court ordered the modification.
On appeal, Jeffrey Gooss argues the child support modification altered the custody order and, as a result, the district court did not have jurisdiction to order the modification. He also argues it was inequitable for the court to order the modification and the court erred in its determination of the amount of deviation for visitation travel expenses.
(Note: Attachments may not be available for recently filed cases and/or confidential documents.)
|Seq. #||Filing Date||Description||Attachment|
|1||03/09/2020||NOTICE OF APPEAL : 03/09/2020|
|2||03/09/2020||ORDER FOR TRANSCRIPT : 03/18/2020|
|3||03/13/2020||Rec'd $125 filing fee|
|4||03/17/2020||NOT. OF FILING NOT. OF APPEAL AND PROOF OF SERV.|
|5||03/17/2020||Notice served on Jennifer M. Gooss, Sheila K. Keller and Vickie M. Lenard|
|6||04/08/2020||ELEC. RECORD ON APPEAL DATED APRIL 7, 2020 (ENTRY NOS. 1-84)|
|7||05/01/2020||ELECTRONIC TRANSCRIPT DATED NOVEMBER 8, 2019|
|11||06/10/2020||Oral Argument Request by Appellant|
|12||06/12/2020||Rec'd 5 copies of ATB & 4 copies of ATA from CSD|
|14||07/10/2020||Oral Argument Request by Appellee|
|15||07/14/2020||Rec'd 5 copies of AEB from CS|
|16||08/13/2020||NOTICE OF ORAL ARGUMENT SENT|
|17||09/21/2020||APPEARANCES: Jennifer M. Gooss; Sheila K. Keller|
|18||09/21/2020||ARGUED: Jennifer M. Gooss; Sheila K. Keller|
|19||09/21/2020||ORAL ARGUMENT WEBCAST|