State v. Salou
- State of North Dakota, Plaintiff and Appellee
Ibrahim Salou, Defendant and Appellant
- Case Type
- CRIMINAL APPEAL : MISC. STATUTORY OFFENSE (FELONY)
- Appeal From
Case No. 2022-CR-03038
East Central Judicial District, Cass County
Tristan Jones Van de Streek
Parties' Statement of Issues
1. The district court erred when granting the state’s 404(b) motion, thus allowing impermissible character evidence.
2. The evidence was insufficient to convict Mr. Salou of possession with intent to manufacture and/or deliver marijuana in violation of N.D.C.C. § 19-03.1-23(1)(c).
1. The District Court did not err in admitting State’s Exhibit 15 and 16 into evidence as direct evidence of Mr. Salou’s intent.
2. Sufficient evidence was presented to convict Mr. Salou of possession with intent to manufacture and/or deliver marijuana in violation of N.D.C.C. § 19-03.1-23(1)(c).
Ibrahim Salou appeals from a criminal judgment entered after a jury trial. He argues the district court erred by allowing improper 404(b) evidence. He also argues the evidence was insufficient to support a conviction of possession with intent to manufacture and/or deliver marijuana in violation of N.D.C.C. § 19-03.1-23(1)(c).
(Note: Attachments may not be available for recently filed cases and/or confidential documents.)
|Seq. #||Filing Date||Description||Attachment|
|1||06/19/2023||NOTICE OF APPEAL : 06/19/2023||View|
|2||06/19/2023||ORDER FOR TRANSCRIPT : 06/19/2023||View|
|3||06/19/2023||NOT. OF FILING NOT. OF APPEAL AND PROOF OF SERV.||View|
|4||06/19/2023||Notice Served on Steven D. Mottinger and Derek K. Steiner|
|5||07/13/2023||All Transcripts Filed in Record|
|6||07/19/2023||ELEC. RECORD ON APPEAL DATED JULY 18, 2023 (ENTRY NOS.1-65, 67-91)(NOT ELEC. #66, DVD - MAILED)||View|
|7||07/19/2023||Rec'd assignment of counsel, Samuel Gereszek for Appellant||View|
|8||07/24/2023||REC'D BY U.S. MAIL ENTRY #66, DVD|
|9||08/09/2023||MOT. EXT/TIME APPELLANT BRIEF||View|
|10||08/10/2023||ACTION BY CLERK (ATB due 40 days after TRA filed) - Granted : 09/04/2023|
|12||09/01/2023||Oral Argument Request by Appellant|
|13||09/05/2023||Rec'd 3 copies of ATB back from CD|
|15||09/29/2023||Oral Argument Request by Appellee|
|16||10/03/2023||Rec'd corrections to AEB|
|17||10/05/2023||Rec'd 3 copies of AEB from CSD|
|18||10/10/2023||NOTICE OF ORAL ARGUMENT SENT|
|19||11/03/2023||APPEARANCES: Samuel A. Gereszek and Jason H. Van Horn|
|20||11/03/2023||ARGUED: Samuel A. Gereszek and Jason H. Van Horn|
|21||11/03/2023||ORAL ARGUMENT WEBCAST|