Forms are not available for every legal issue, circumstance or procedure in a district court civil action. If you do not find the form on this website, the form is not available through the North Dakota Legal Self Help Center.
You may need to create legal documents yourself. The General-Use forms below may be used as a starting point for creating your own district court civil action documents.
Checklists and General Use Forms:
Starting a Civil Action:
- Starting a Civil Action - Checklist
- Summons form – Civil Action
- Summons form - Civil Action (Petition)
- Summons form – Divorce or Separation Actions
- Summons form –Actions to Establish Parenting Rights and Responsibilities
Answering a Complaint or Counterclaim:
- Answering a Civil Summons and Complaint – Checklist
- Answering a Debt Collection Summons and Complaint - Checklist
- Answer form
- Answer and Counterclaim form
- Answer to Counterclaim form
Filing Documents with the District Court:
Making a Motion:
- Making a Motion – Checklist
- Notice of Motion form
- Motion form
- Brief in Support of Motion form
- Proposed Order to Amend Judgment (Family Law Case)
- Proposed Amended Judgment (Family Law Case)
- Proposed Order to Amend Judgment - Stipulation (Family Law Case)
- Proposed Amended Judgment - Stipulation (Family Law Case)
Answering a Motion:
- Affidavit of Identification
- Notice of Entry of Judgment form
- Statement of Costs and Disbursements form
- Caption and Signature form
- Verification form
- Affidavit form
- Caption and Signature (Petition) form
- Verification (Petition) form
- Affidavit (Petition) form
If you do not understand any of this information, or if you have trouble filling out any of the forms located here, please see an attorney for help.
The information provided on and obtained from this site does not constitute the official record of the Court. This information is provided as a service to the general public. Any user of this information is hereby advised that it is being provided "as is". The information provided may be subject to errors or omissions. Visitors to this site agree that the Court is not liable for errors or omissions of any of the information provided.
If you have a question relating to a case that is already filed please contact the clerk of court for the county.