Reciprocity Based On Test Scores
An applicant for admission to the North Dakota Bar must be 18 years of age and have received a Juris Doctor or equivalent degree from a law school approved, or provisionally approved, for accreditation by the American Bar Association.
Individuals may be eligible to apply for admission based on:
- UBE scaled score of 260 or above if the application is filed within two years of the date of the UBE examination
- MBE scaled score of 150 or above if the application is filed within two years of the date of the MBE examination and applicant is admitted in the jurisdiction where the MBE exam was written
The Board of Law Examiners uses the services of the National Conference of Bar Examiners to assist in conducting an applicant's character and fitness investigation. The Application form is completed online at the NCBE website; however, all materials are required to be mailed to the State Board of Law Examiners. Please carefully follow the instructions and checklist below.
- Application based on test score - Instructions/Fees/Checklist
- Motion Petition
- State Board of Law Examiner's Release form
- Rule 7(B), Admission to Practice Rules
- MBE Score Transfer Requests
- UBE Score Transfer Requests
- MPRE Score Transfer Requests
State Board of Law Examiners
Judicial Wing, 1st Floor
600 E. Boulevard Ave.
Bismarck, ND 58505-0530